The Cyber Essentials scheme provides a clear statement of the basic controls all organisations should implement to mitigate the risk from common internet based threats, within the context of the UK Government’s 10 Steps to Cyber Security.
The Scheme focuses on Internet-originated attacks against an organisation’s IT system and concentrates on five key controls. These are:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Secure configuration
- Access control
- Malware protection
- Patch management
Accredited Cyber Essentials (ACE) Consultant
In unison with its certification, Acasta is also pleased to announce that Rob Mason has successfully qualified as a QG Accredited Cyber Essentials (ACE) Consultant.
QG ACE Consultants are:
- Trained by QG Management Standards who work directly with CESG on the scheme,
- Tested to ensure they correctly understand the requirements of the scheme,
- Informed on any changes to the scheme,
- Awarded a certificate to show businesses that they know what they are talking about,
- Certified to the Cyber Essentials standard, and
- Promoted by certification bodies as scheme experts